I’ve been experimenting with watercolour recently. These tiles were made by starting with watercolour on the tile. I used my Windsor & Newton travel watercolour set which I usually carry around with me. After laying down the colour I used a variety of methods to produce tangles (or patterns) on the tile. With coloured pens I traced around the edges of some of the watercolours and then then used a brown or similar coloured pen to draw tangles between the colours. I loved the effects and I’m going to practice more using this method.
This is this week’s Diva Challenge and mixed in with Square One focus. Squid, flux, florz and a squid/drupe tangleation.
Another challenge! Thank you Adele for It’s a string thing #80. I’m enjoying trying out new tangles which I may not have tried before. Kozy is actually a lot more fun than it looks and it fits into lots of different shapes quite easily. The paper I’m using is an original Zentangle® tile which I love. I’m still getting used to the size 3.5″x 3.5″ is a small space to fit all these tangles into. I’m going to try to make the tangles larger. Also – no shading on this one – may come back to it.
This is my first ‘Diva Challenge‘. The requirement was a spiral string.
I’ve posted 3 progressive photos of the shading to compare. Sometimes I shade as I go and others times I shade at the end. Then there are times when I leave the shading for another session so that I can devote more energy to it. Shading can really make a huge difference to the finished piece of art.